I think all entrants will have received an email, but in case it's gone astray here is the content:
Sorry Folks- we're calling it off. Feel bad for doing this for 2nd time in 3 years but the factors against us were stacking up too high. Although forecast is for a reduced chance of snow it will stay very cold with high winds tomorrow. Snake Pass and the road to Slippery Stones are shut, I doubt they will open tomorrow as the snow is drifting. This severely limits our route options so it's not really worth it. Sheffield's side streets are bad enough and many of you would have long and difficult journeys. The timing equipment due for delivery yesterday is still in transit somewhere!
Saturday's weather is looking ok and roads might open but that's too late. Better we all just enjoy the snow on our local hills if we can reach them!
We'll do the same as 2016 and transfer entries over. We should however be able to do some refunds-just need to assess the financial situation. We haven’t bought food but could do with everyone honouring T-shirt order. We will message again about this.
It’s a shame not to be meeting up in the special atmosphere of the HPM but hope you get some quality outdoor time this weekend.
All the best
Richard, Lucy and Matt